Monday, May 13, 2013

Millennium Trilogy



The Millennium Trilogy also known as the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy is one of the best thriller series I have read. Stieg Larson did a great job creating the plot, the characters and the depth to the main story and the surrounding ones. It is a pity that he is no longer on Earth to finish what he started.
In the first book, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Lisbeth Salander and Michael Blomkvist meet for the first time as they get assigned to work on a very complicated case of a missing 16-year old girl disappeared for nearly forty years. The twist was completely unexpected for me and I loved it – the twist, not the actions.
In the second book, The Girl Who Played with Fire, we get to know part of the inexplicable family of Lisbeth as Michael struggles to discover who killed, and why, the most recently-hired magazine journalist.
Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, third and last book of this series, provided the answers to most of the interrogations I had during books one and two. After reading this one I came up with more questions except that now, I think, we will have to imagine the solutions or accept the situation as is.
When starting with the first book, I was a little confused with the Swedish names of streets and cities. Soon, I found that these names were not very relevant to the story – I kept reading, and I got hooked very soon. Final word of caution: the stories in all three books are strong, graphic, and violent.
The books are available in paperback and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment